Monday 17 December 2018

hardware failure - P8Z77V built in ethernet fails with Code 10


I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with a built in intel 82579V adaptor. For some odd reason its being detected as 82579LM. I'm running windows 8, and the system worked properly before. Its a known issue with the board but the utility meant to fix it either crashes or tells me there's nothing to do. I've also tried the dos version of the utility off a windows 98 liveusb, but it just sits there. How do I fix this?



Answer



In the end, for some reason cold booting the system worked for me, I unplugged the mains connection to the system, let it sit overnight and it both detects the correct adaptor type and functions perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...