Tuesday 30 October 2018

linux - Disable automated updates (and notifications) in Kde Debian


I am using Kde 4.5 in Debian and I get some notifications after start that I need to update something. How can I disable it (I often don't want to waste bandwidth for such things)?


I am using Debian Wheezy and Kde 4.5



Answer



Open the KDE System Settings application. (I find the easiest way is to press Alt+F2, type in systemsettings, and press Enter. But you can also launch it from the K menu if you like.)


Choose Software Management under System Administration:


systemsettings System Administration section with Software Management highlighted


Then select Settings from the left panel, and under Check for updates, choose Never:


Settings panel from Software Management KCM applet


Finally, click Apply. KPackageKit will no longer bother you about updates. But, remember to use apt-get or your favorite package manager to download updates periodically so you aren't exposed to security vulnerabilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...