Wednesday 1 November 2017

Is there a way to search the text of my browsing history in Firefox?

I often find myself in the situation where I know I saw something in a web page recently, but don't remember where. I would therefore like to be able to do a full-text search of the contents of my web history in Firefox. Is there an extension that will do this?


I am aware of this question. However, I am only interested in Firefox solutions, and the only Firefox option in that question seems to no longer be relevant (add-on has changed).


My requirements for a solution to this problem:



  • Must work in Firefox.

  • Must work locally - I do not want to send my history or bookmarks to a 3rd-party service to get this functionality (so InfoAxe is out as near as I can tell).

  • Must be a high-quality, reputable extension (fuzzy, I know, but many extensions smell sketchy).

  • Must work in Linux (so Google Desktop is out so far as I know).

  • Strongly prefer open source solution.


Does anyone know of such an extension?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...