Friday 21 December 2018

iis - Browser is redirecting to the IIS7 page when I try to go to www.pandora.com (I don't want it to)


For some reason whenever I try to go to http: //www.pandora.com I am being redirected to some basic IIS7 page. It basically consists of a simple graphic with IIS7 in the middle. Above that it says welcome, and then (I assume) it says welcome in various languages in a circle around the central IIS7 text. Somehow my IIS settings got screwed up.


Also, when I try to view the source of the image I get http: //www.pandora.com/welcome.png. So it seems like it is being rerouted to some base IIS directory or something. Seems like that should be a clue. Here is a link to the image:


enter image description here


The thing I don't understand is why it seems to only be doing this to Pandora, and not other webpages, my other browsing seems fine. It is also exhibiting this behavior in IE and Chrome. Any ideas on what to check or look for on this?



Answer



Someone had (I would bet a small amount) edited the %windows%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. (Path will vary on 64-bit systems.) Remove the line that refers to pandora.com.


The other possibility is that you are using a corporate PC and your company doesn't want you wasting bandwidth listening to music on their dime. If so, get the Pandora app for your cell phone--I use the BlackBerry app at work all the time and it's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...