Friday 21 December 2018

hard drive - Are there any tools for aligning dynamic disks in windows 7?


On the heels of THIS question, I would like to ask, are there any tools that can make life easier for aligning windows 7 partitions with dynamic disks?



Answer



I've used Paragon's tool (we lucked out and picked it up for FREE during a promo, you might manage the same if you watch long enough) which works like a charm and I believe will work with pretty much any partition scheme out there. Basically you just point it at the partitions, it boots into a special environment, rebuilds them, and you're good to go.


If you don't want to use any third party software, you're better off formatting from scratch. (Keep in mind, if you're using Windows, that Vista and 7 align partitions correctly when they create them, but if the drive was originally formatted with XP you need to rebuild the partitions.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...