Thursday 15 March 2018

upgrade - Troubleshooting "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table"

I recently bought a desktop computer with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 preloaded (OEM). I tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on this computer but I was presented with the following error message:



Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.



The 1TB HDD on this computer has three partitions:



  1. SYSTEM 100 NTFS - Healthy (System, Active Primary Partition)

  2. OS (C:) 9148.04 GB NTFS - Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

  3. HP_RECOVERY (D:) 13.37 GB NTFS - Healthy (PrimarynPartition)


I'm trying to install a clean copy of Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...