Wednesday 28 March 2018

wireless networking - Window 10 wifi issue media disconnected

I have a Dell Laptop Vostro 3555 with a Dell wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n network adapter made by Broadcom. The Device status: this device is working properly. This was a window 7 moved to a window 10. And I am not getting any X's of yellow signs in device manager.


Issue: The WiFi will not turn on. Will not show any access points to connect to.


What I have tried in order to fix the issue:





    1. Download new driver from dell

    2. [Function key] + F2

    3. can not do ipconfig /release ../renew because it says Media disconnected

    4. Wireless properties > Power Management > UNCHECK allow computer to turn off device to save power

    5. Tried kb3084164 issue https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164




It might just me a bad card? What other steps can I perform to solve the issue before opening up the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...