Thursday 22 March 2018

windows - Is USB based bitlocker as safe as tpm based?

My computer doesn't have TPM


There is an option to turn on bitlocker if only I used USB to store the private key


How would security be affected on that scenario?


will it be as safe as TPM?


If my house got raided by FBI or syariah cops, for example, and they found the USB but doesn't know my windows password, will my data be okay?


If I rarely shut down my computer and only put them to sleep, can I just hide the USB somewhere?


Also how do I explain this



On computers without a compatible TPM, BitLocker can provide encryption, but not the added security of locking keys with the TPM. In this case, the user is required to create a startup key that is stored on a USB flash drive.



http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-vista/bitlocker-drive-encryption-overview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...