Wednesday 28 March 2018

windows - How do I delete a file that is in use by another process?




Possible Duplicate:
How do I delete a 'locked' file?



More specifically, I'm trying to rename or overwrite a file, and get the message



Access Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use.



Is there a way to find who / what's using the file, and kick them off it?



Answer



LockHunter is a foolproof file unlocker.



It is a tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.



Key Features



Shows processes locking a file or folder


Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file


Allows to kill locking process


Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive


Integrates in to Explorer menu


It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake


Supports both 32 and 64bit Windows



as for your question:



Is there a way to find who / what's using the file?



alt text


LockHunter is freeware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...