Wednesday 21 March 2018

memory - Windows XP slowdown, what's to blame?

I run Windows XP and after a while it seems to get real sluggish. I suspect it's heavy memory consumption of Firefox, but have noticed several other programs are 'slow' to exit when I reboot.


Is there a way to measure all process memory consumption over time? Process explorer is what I want, but for every process, not just the one I open properties for.


In Unix-land, I'd run ps snapshots repeatedly, and look at RSS (and blatantly ignoring shared memory pages) calculate what



  • is being a pig right now

  • grew the most (while I was not looking).


I need about 8-24 hours of history per process, not just what can fit on the screen.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...