Thursday 22 March 2018

How to perform a Hard Refresh in Edge?


I am viewing a site on localhost in Edge.


All I want to do is fully refresh the page and all of its resources (external CSS, external JavaScript, images, fonts, everything that the page links to - I want to reload it all again from the server).


How can I do this?




This seems like a simple request, but this is what I have tried so far:



  • F5

  • CTRL + F5

  • CTRL + SHIFT + F5

  • SHIFT F5

  • Clearing the Cache (Settings > Clear browsing data > ticked everything > Show more > ticked everything in there > Clear)

  • Restarting Edge

  • Restarting computer


None of this has worked. I have a change in a CSS file and a change in a JavaScript file. Every time old versions of those files are being loaded.


I just want to do a hard refresh and reload everything in Edge - what am I missing to achieve this?




This problem doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox (both show the latest content). I basically want a solution like this, but for Edge instead of Internet Explorer.



Answer



Cache control setting


Thanks to @Jimmery I found a setting.


Tried Ctrl+R but it does not bypass cache


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...