Friday 30 March 2018

microsoft excel - Break up a large CSV file


I have a large CSV file (about 6,000 rows) that I want to break up into smaller CSV files (about 100 rows each). Is there an easy way to do that?



Answer



CSV Splitter is a handy tool that allows you to define the number of lines and maximum pieces of output files. It will split the CSV file according to what you have defined.


alt text


1. Fill in necessary information:



  • CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split.

  • Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece (100 in your case).

  • Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited.


2. Click Split Now! and that's it.


You will find the splitted pieces in a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file. By default, a folder {csv file name}_Pieces will be created and all of the output files will be stored under this folder. The output file format will be named as {csv file name}_1.csv, {csv file name}_2.csv, {csv file name}_3.csv and so on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...