Saturday 31 March 2018

clipboard - Prevent Word from Including Bullet Letter when Copying Text


I'm copying quite a bit of text from Word into a text-based application, line by line. The word text is structured like this:





  1. Topic


    a. Item A


    b. Item B





When I highlight Item A, copy, and then paste into the text-based application, I get a. Item A rather than just Item A as desired.


How can I prevent Word from including the bullet letter when copying?



Answer



The only way I can see that you could avoid include the numbering is to turn it off prior to copy.


Word Numbers icon


Word will generally include as much information as it can in the copy, and it is up to the recieving application to extract what information it can use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...