Sunday 25 March 2018

Install Windows 7 64bit from USB drive in UEFI mode

I got a Lenovo Ideapad Y580 with Windows 8 and I want to install Windows 7 on it.
I followed the instructions on this link to create a UEFI Windows 7 Install USB flash drive - but it does not work.


I followed the steps:



  1. Format my 4 GB USB flash drive to FAT32

  2. Copy the Windows 7 64 SP1 ISO contents to the flash drive

  3. copy /efi/microsoft/boot to /efi/boot

  4. find the bootmgfw.egi in install.wim, copy to the newly copied /efi/boot and rename it to bootx64.efi

  5. restart, enter the boot menu and select USB flash drive in the UEFI boot menu list


But after I select the USB drive and the initial loading windows progress bar finished, it hangs at the "Starting Windows" screen.


Is there something wrong with my steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...