Thursday 29 March 2018

usb flash drive - Windows 7 UFD not responding after hard ejection


On a specific Windows 7 installation, I've got a USB flash drive that was removed while writing to it and since then on that specific machine the OS will not recognize it.


When I plug it in, it take a few minutes to appear but it's not functioning.. cant read/write or anything.


The UFD works fine the same machine on a different OS as well on other machines.


It seems that specific OS somehow remembers that UFD, how do I clear it's memory?


I've tried uninstalling the UFD under Disks in the device manager, after the restart and the reinstalling the UFD driver the issue remains.


Any suggestions?



Answer



USB Oblivion helped solve the issue in this case as per the comments above.



USB Oblivion is a utility designed to erase all traces of USB-connected drives and CD-ROMs from the registry in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 32/64-bit versions. The utility has a test mode of operation, i.e. without actually removing data from the registry, and, just in case, creates a .reg-file to undo any changes. There is also a fully automatic mode.



2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...