Saturday 24 March 2018

windows 7 - Laptop wakes up from Sleep mode when I remove the mouse




Possible Duplicate:
Notebook wakes up after disconnecting mouse



On my new laptop the following happens:



  1. I press the Power button and the computer goes to sleep. OK.

  2. I unplug the cables, and when I pull the USB mouse the computer wakes up again.


Any idea how I can prevent that?


It is a Toshiba Qosmio G50, running Windows 7 Ultimate.


In order to establisg the cause, I would like to hear if anybody ran into the same problem with either Win7 on a laptop or a Qosmio running Vista or XP?



Answer



Go in to Device Management (Click Start/Orb, Right Click on Computer and click Manage. Click Device Manager).


Next Expand "Mice and other pointing devices".


Click the Power Management tab and untick "Allow this device to wake the computer"


alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...