Monday 26 March 2018

How to change icons For MSOffice applications in Windows 7/8 Explorer?


Update: This is NOT for fixing corrupt icons - this is for changing icons, corrupt or not.


Original queston


This is NOT for the library icon nor for the Metro icons. This is for Windows 8 Explorer icons.


I'm able to change the default program from control panel or right click file in Explorer => properties. But I can't see a way to change the icon itself. I'm putting a screenshot of what I'm presented - the same holds true for PDF files or any other files.


enter image description here


Edit: Even when I try to change the icons of shortcuts, I'm unable to do so. Weird!


enter image description here


Any ideas?



Answer



Create a new shortcut from the original MSOffice .exe file, and then you can change it's icon. This works in Windows 7 or Windows 8.


. To create one, search the



program files(x86)\office 14(or 15)\



or



program files\Office 14(or 15)\



for the exe you want, and then right-click drag the .exe somewhere like desktop where you can create a shortcut. You can then change the icon.


Win8:


enter image description here


Win7:


enter image description here


Win7:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...