Tuesday 27 March 2018

windows vista - How can I tell whether a process is running with administrator permissions?


I'm using Windows Vista, with UAC enabled. I've installed an application, and the installer required admin privileges. The installer then started the application. I'd like to know if the application is continuing to run with admin privileges.


I've tried Windows Task Manager and Process Explorer, and neither appear to show this information.



Answer



In Process Explorer, double click the process to open its properties. Go to the Security tab. In the group listing, find BUILTIN\Administrators and look at what it says in the Flags column.


Deny = Not Elevated (not admin)


alt text


Owner = Elevated (is admin)


alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...