Saturday 31 March 2018

windows - 3 Monitors on Sapphire Radeon HD 6870



I've got a decent machine, 8 GB RAM, good motherboard etc and an Radeon HD6870 GC. I'm desperately trying to run three monitors on the card. The card has 1 HDMI, 2 DVI and 2 Mini DisplayPorts. The set up is as follows:



  • Monitor 1 is connected via the DVI cable.

  • Monitor 2 is connected via a DVI to HDMI lead into the HDMI slot.

  • Monitor 3 is connected via a DVI lead into a DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter.


Now, in Ubuntu, I have no problems whatsoever, they all work completely fine as extended desktops. Windows is seeing none of this. I've got the Catalyst Control Centre, and I tried setting up an Eyefinity group, but I can only ever have 2 enabled at once.



Answer



I set up an Eyefinity triple monitor setup just recently but with a 6950 card. The 6870 should also be capable of 3 displays


To get it to work I plugged in the monitors and had to hit the 'detect' button inside of the screen resolution settings to get them all recognised. Initially I just tried extending the desktop to all of them, but then I went into the Catalyst Control Center and made the EyeFinity group.


If you are having problems getting all 3 monitors working you could try these tests:



  1. Plug in each monitor one at a time, each using a different connector, verify that all screens, connectors work (Even if this worked in Ubuntu, it's nice to check on Windows)

  2. Start with one monitor connected, and while Windows is running, plug in each monitor. Detect the added monitor if necessary and continue until you have (hopefully) all 3 working.

  3. Double check that you have the latest version of the catalyst control center. The latest one (Assuming you have 64bit windows because you have 8GB of RAM) is 12.2


http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...