Saturday 24 March 2018

partitioning - External hard drive how to format it?


I just bought a hard drive of 500GB that I want to use on Mac OS X and GNU/Linux but be able to use some file on Windows.


Basically I have to deal with FAT32 (That doesn't support file over 4GB), NTFS without Mac OS writting support, HFS (Not working on Windows) and EXT3 (Not working on Mac OS X)


How should I do ? Having a NTFS partion, a HFS+ partition, a EXT3 partition and a FAT32 partition ?



Answer



You could go with an ext3 and mount it in Windows and Mac OS. I've used the Windows software before, worked fine, I can't personally vouch for ext2/3 on Mac OS, but it appears a valid solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...