Sunday 25 March 2018

windows 10 - Can't find the file specified


So I inturrupted a dd for windows operation, and now my usb stick won't work. I saw this post but, it's solution doesn't work for me, as i don't have a chromebook. Attempts to format the drive just say "The system cannot find the file specified." as seen here:


enter image description here



Answer



If Windows disk management MMC snapin fails, you can use the command line tool diskpart



enter image description here



  • run list disk to list all available disks and use select disk NUMBER to select the USB flash drive


enter image description here


and now run clean to clean the drive.


enter image description here


Now run Disk Management, create a new Volume on the flash drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...