Friday 30 March 2018

windows 7 - Unlocker howto?! doesn't do anything


in an answer to a previous question another user recommended a tool to me, Unlocker. Its original homepage is offline, but there are plenty of websites which offer version 1.9.0 which I downloaded from 2 places, compared the filesize, it was identical, and installed it, then rebooted, but it does not do anything except that there's a new icon in the tray.


There are no new menu items in the Windows Explorer's context menu nor does anything happen when I send any element to Unlocker using the "send-to" menu. It created two shortcuts in the start menu, "Start Unlocker" and "Start Unlocker Assistant" which also both don't do anything. Any suggestions?



Answer



you should get it off the creator's page instead.


http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/#download


1.9.2, for both 32 and 64 bit windows. you'll want to click the "Download Unlocker 1.9.2 - 32 and 64 bit version" link.


be sure to use advanced during installation and disable the delta toolbar that's bundled with it. you don't want that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...