Tuesday 13 March 2018

LogonUI.exe exception preventing Windows 10 from booting

When I boot Windows 10, just before the login screen should appear, I now get the following error dialogue:


LogonUI.exe - Application Error
The exception Illegal Instruction
An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
(0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location
0x00007FFA27D94428

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Clicking either option just gives me a short wait before the dialogue reappears.


If I forcibly shut down the computer, and immediately boot it again, I can log in as normal. This does not work if I safely turn it off.


I have recently performed a clean install of Windows 10, and have activated BitLocker on my hard drive. I'm afraid I honestly cannot remember if I performed any successful boots after reinstalling, before this error began appearing.


Where can I go from here to solve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...