Friday 2 March 2018

linux - why update-alternatives --config java shows nothing?


I install oracle java JDK.rmp.bin on fedora. And installing by ". /jdk.rmp.bin", JDK is installed under /usr/java/jdk folder.


I could compile java files using command "javac" and "java". I could also check the version by "java -version".


But when I type "update-alternatives --config java" nothing appears. Why no java version shows in the terminal?


enter image description here



Answer



Alternatives are updated from %post and %pre scripts in RPM packages. I think BIN packages do not have this functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...