Saturday 3 March 2018

How to close window at byobu?


I started to use byobu, and find the it really cool thing.


It has a lot of hot keys. But I couldn't find one of them, and I stuck with one tricky point.


With F2 - you create a new window, but how to close this window when you don't need it anymore?


Later I found cool analogy for new window creation - just divide window and - shift-F2


And you can revert it back - ctrl-F6.



Answer



You can either type exit, or use Byobu's keybinding for killing windows/panes, which is Ctrl-F6.


Full disclosure: I am the author and maintainer of Byobu.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...