Saturday 3 March 2018

windows 7 - hosts file and unblocked subdomains


I modified hosts file to block google.com and its subdomains but it blocks only the main domain name. It does not block the subdomains. Windows 7 Starter


127.0.0.1 google.com


It blocks google.com but dows not block www.google.com


Then I tried this one: 127.0.0.1 *google.com It didn't helped.



Answer



The hosts file is very basic, and by basic i mean BASIC. You are going to have to do


127.0.0.1 google.com
127.0.0.1 www.google.com
127.0.0.1 wave.google.com
127.0.0.1 docs.google.com

etc


If you are trying to pull a prank, use that, if you want to get serious, you need to invest in a network firewall or some such that will allow you to block domain names.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...