Tuesday 20 March 2018

Embedding text from file via a relative link to the file in MS Word

This answer describes how to embed a text file via a link to the file in MS Word as follows:



  1. Place your cursor where you want the file inserted

  2. Press Ctrl+F9

  3. Type { INCLUDETEXT "C:\\path\\to\\file.txt" \c AnsiText }. Do not type the brackets. Do type the double-backslashes.

  4. Press F9


I would like to know if it is possible to use a relative link. In the example the link is absolute.


I have tried using the filename field ({INCLUDETEXT "{FILENAME \\p}\\..\\..\\header.txt"}) as suggested at www.msofficeforums.com, but it didn't wrok for me using MS Office Pro 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...