Thursday 18 January 2018

Will cases with front USB port support USB 3.0?


If a computer case has a USB port in the front, will it support USB 3.0 if my motherboard supports it? Or does the case vendor need to specifically mention USB 3 support? (BTW, I haven't seen such case yet.)



Answer



USB3 requires new connectors, with more connections in them. These are backwards compatible, Therefore a USB1/USB2 device will plug into a USB3 host, but this means that unless your case has the new connectors, you can't in a USB3 device. You could still use these connectors for USB1/USB2 devices, or use USB3 devices in a USB1/2 compatibility mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...