Sunday 28 January 2018

macos - How can I clean up my MacPorts installation?


Which command should I run to



  • delete all old port versions

  • delete downloaded files

  • temp files created during build

  • all other stuff which I don't need when I am sure that updated version works fine


I got a suggestion to use


port clean --all all

but it tries to clean ports I don't have, though I tried


port clean --all installed

but it did not delete old inactive versions, then


port -u uninstall

but it got stuck saying that py25-nose (which is active) depends on py25-setuptools (which is inactive).



Answer



The suggestions you received cover what you're after:


sudo port -f clean --all all
sudo port -f uninstall inactive

If you can't wait for the clean one to run in the background, there are a few commands you can run manually and faster.


Remove leftover build files (this is done automatically by default):


sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/build/*

Remove download files:


sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/*

Remove archives (these aren't created by default):


sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/packages/*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...