Thursday 25 January 2018

ubuntu - Mount SharePoint Online (Office 365) in Linux

We have started using SharePoint Online included with our Office 365 subscription. Our windows users can install software that automatically syncs the Shared Documents from SharePoint to their Windows computers. How do I enable my Linux (Ubuntu) users to do the same?


I thought WebDav would work, but my attempts always fail, mostly with "HTTP Error: FORBIDDEN". Specifically, I try to add a server via Nautilus file browse and fail:


Server: mycompany.sharepoint.com
Port: 443
Tppe: Secure WebDav (HTTPS)
Folder: /
User name: first.last@mycompany.com
Password: ********

HTTP Error: FORBIDDEN


I have tried changing User Name to:


 mycompany\first.last

I have tried changing folder to:


 /Shared%20Documents

and various other paths based on web searches to no avail.


Should this work? Is there a better solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...