Wednesday 24 January 2018

boot - Create bootable RedHat iso from folder


I'd like to install RedHat 6.4 (32bits) on a VM. The problem is that I don't have the iso file. Instead, I have access to a folder (standard RedHat folder with subfolders like images, isolinux, etc.)


I can't manage to recreate a bootable iso file from this folder. Each time I tried, VirtualBox say FATAL: no bootable medium found! System halted. I assume that my ISO file is not built correctly (not bootable?).


I think virtualBox is configured correctly (the iso file is set for the virtual CD/DVD).


How I tried to create the ISO file:



  • using programs: isoCreator, powerIso

  • using command: mkisofs -o genertatedIso.iso /MyRep


Thanks for your help,



Answer



Here an example:


mkisofs -r -R -J -T -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -V 'my-rhel6.4' -p 'RHEL6.4' -A 'RHEL6.4' -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -o /var/tmp/my-rhel6.4.iso /path-of-your-distro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...