Sunday 21 January 2018

nvidia graphics card - Screen Flicker on Windows 10 with Multiple Monitors

On a Latitude E6530, I get a flickering screen issue only after both upgrading to windows 10 and while using a monitor. The problem doesn't appear otherwise.


Both monitors seem to be set to 60 Hz.


I tried updating my Nvidia driver, didn't work.


This occurs with more than one monitor.


Given that this occurs with the upgrade to windows 10 I'm forced to think its a driver issue, but if updating the drivers doesn't fix it I don't know what else to try.


It appears to me that the flicker only occurs on the laptop's screen and not the secondary monitor.


Edit: By switching off optimus and rebooting, installing the latest intel graphics drivers, I get no flicker. I don't like Optimus being enabled though, so I'd like a solution that doesn't involve using the intel card at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...