Monday 29 January 2018

ubuntu - Gnome's shutdown menu disappeared


I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and my shutdown menu
suddenly disappeared (the menu on the top where you click it
and get options such as "shut down" and "suspend"...)
how do I bring it back?



Answer



You need to add the "Indicator Applet Session" applet. It's in the "Add to Panel" list.


The "Shutdown" applet gives you a popup dialog with Shut Down, Restart, Suspend and Hibernate options.


The "Indicator Applet Session" applet gives you the drop-down menu with Log Out, Suspend, Hibernate, Restart and Shut Down options, as well as Lock Screen, Guest Session, Switch from... and other fast-user-switching options.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...