Monday 22 January 2018

Outlook randomly freezes while composing a new email


Outlook 2007 (Exchange mailbox) randomly freezes on an XP SP3 machine. Maybe after a few minutes, maybe after a whole day. It seems to be completely random but it always happens while in the middle of typing an email. We have left it for 30 minutes to check that it was not just busy doing something, still dead as a doorknob.


Task Manager reports nothing out of the ordinary in terms of CPU or memory usage.


What I have tried:



  • New Outlook mail profile

  • Office Diagnostics, no problems found

  • Ran Outlook in safe mode with no addons

  • Checked for any Office service packs (was already on the latest) and updates


What else can I do to try and fix this?


Note - there is a similar question but in my case Outlook locks up completely.



Answer



Bit of a boring resolution to this. We eventually created a new user profile from scratch, which resolved all of the problems. At least, that's what we're hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...