Thursday 25 January 2018

logging - Show historic hardware changes in windows 7

Brief question: In Windows 7, Is there a log where I can see the ram memory of the system at different dates?


Explanation:


A friend of mine have detected some missing hardware (ram sticks) on some new computers, just after weeks of buying them. They need to know the exact date the ram stick was removed/changed, in order to check at the security cameras. But they do not know how to get that info, if it exists at all.


I have been trying to help him by looking for related info (although I do not use Windows so I am not familiar with it). I have found something called event manager, which store the logs on the system. But I was unable to find the specific hardware info. So, is there a way to know at least the ram detected by the operating system at several dates?


I have checked https://serverfault.com/questions/209505/windows-server-hardware-change-log , but they use windows server (my friend's office use a regular copy of windows 7, whose specific version I do not know)


Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...