Tuesday 23 January 2018

Why are Windows 8 Lock Screen Notifications Lagging?

I've been using Windows 8 RTM since it became available for developers. One of the features that I really liked initially was the lock screen notifications for chat and email. I've noticed, though, that these do not seem to update frequently. I don't actually open the metro apps for chat or email much since I instead open Outlook for email and imo for chat, but the lock screen notifications do not update to reflect, for example, that the number of unread emails has changed from day to day or week to week until I open the metro version of the Mail or Chat apps.


Is this a feature design issue? I had an expectation that there was a push-like system running these notifications, but this does not seem to be the case. Until the app is opened, the notification counts do not update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...