Friday 26 January 2018

memory - Enable 4 GB RAM usage on Windows 7 32-bit


Possible Duplicate:
Why does Windows only show about 3.5 GB of my more than 4 GB of RAM?



I have 4 GB of RAM which I understand is the maximum for Windows 7 32 bit. My system recognizes the 4 GB and is able to use 2.9 GB. Of course, I'm interested in using all 4 GB. I have tried booting with PAE on, but I still get only 2.9 GB usable. How is this? Is the rest of the RAM actually mapped, and the system just doesn't realize this, or do I have to do something else to get maximum performance for my 4 GB of RAM?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...