Thursday 25 January 2018

PuTTY - Automatic Reconnect After Internet Interruption?


After a small hiccup in internet connection, any open PuTTY windows throw up a message box saying there was a connection error. Is there a way to automate retry attempts? Or better yet, tell it to watch the status of the network and reconnect when internet access is reestablished?


I know there's the "stackoverflow" solution of writing a program that invokes PuTTY using its command line interface using -load and -pw. But I'm looking for a "superuser" solution because that seems like less work.


Should I look into Tunnelier instead?


Background: I'm using an SSH tunnel with port forwarding to get remote access to a database on BlueHost.



Answer



Tunnelier provides the functionality I was seeking.


It is free:



Our client is free for use of all types, including in organizations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...