Thursday 25 January 2018

hard drive - How to install UEFI BIOS?

I have bought Seagate Barracuda 3tb hard drive. When I start to install windows 8 x64 on that it tells me that



Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style (GUID Partition Table) type disk



It tells me that at first you must convert disk type to MBR (Master Boot Record) type which does not allow you to use more then 2TB space. On the other hand I need to install windows on the 3tb space!


Eventually I found out that if my BIOS is not UEFI BIOS I can not install windows on that GPT type disk. all this means that my BIOS does not support UEFI.


My motherboard is ASUS P5LD2-X/1333, my CPU is Pentium D 820 it is dual core! So whats wrong with my PC? Should I upgrade my hardware? or should I upgrade my BIOS as software? I downloaded the latest BIOS of my motherboard at ASUS.com but it still does not supports UEFI. What should I do? Should I upgrade my chip on my motherboard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...