Saturday 27 January 2018

linux - How to run the awk command in Windows 7?


I have the following adb + awk command which will work fine in Linux environment [Ref].


adb shell dumpsys package | awk -v RS='\n +Package' '/android\.permission\.CAMERA/{print $1}'

But I need to run this command in Windows 7 PC which has GnuWin32 Gawk package installed. I can run awk commands from the C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin folder and run the adb commands from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools folder. I need to run the above command and get the list of packages that has the CAMERA permissions allowed.


Setting Windows Environmental Variables for AWKPATH and also in PATH variables didn't work. So I just copied the contents of GnuWin32 gawk's bin folder and pasted in the platform-tools folder. But when I run in command prompt I get,


awk: +Package'
awk: ^ invalid char ''' in expression

How can I run the above command in Windows? or What is the correct expression that I can run?



Answer



Try to replace the ' with " . So that the command looks like,


adb shell dumpsys package | awk -v RS="\n +Package" "/android\.permission\.CAMERA/{print $1}"

Take a look as well: Grep and Awk in Windows Invalid Char in Expression Error


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...