Monday 29 January 2018

hotkeys - Ctrl + Win + Num stopped working after Windows 10 updated to ver. 1803

Ctrl + Win + Num suddenly stopped working for me one day..


My Windows version is


Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 1803
Installed on 6/10/2018
OS build 17134.112

I am on a Dell laptop. I have confirmed that there is nothing wrong on hardware. This is merely a software issue. For example, Win + Num hotkey works just fine. Inspecting with Ethervane ActiveHotkeys shows that Ctrl + Win + Num is just inactive. I suspect somehow the setting is wiped from my windows registry. I am hoping to locate where it is from windows registry and manually restore it. Can anyone help?... enter image description here


Much thanks!


--- update: my work PC received an update today (2019Jan24), ALSO Ver 1803, OS 17134.523, and it's broken as well!! Ver 1803 looks suspiciously... suspicious!


--- update 2: I can confirm that it's due to Windows update now. Checked with a colleague that's on 1809, that this hotkey no longer works neither. Either Microsoft has had it removed or it's broken since the updates. I wonder how I can fix it.


--- update 3: Thank you everyone for the attention gathered, I think we created a lound enough voice that MS finally fixed it. It's finally again now at V1903. (But I don't know how to properly close this thread as it's fixed by a patch, if you know please leave comment or PM me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...