Tuesday 2 January 2018

Preventing Windows 10 From Being Installed On My Windows 7 Desktop PC?


I am quite content with using Windows 7 on my desktop PC, and do not wish to install Windows 10 at this time.


To ensure that Windows 10 does not install, what measures can I immediately take (I note there is a white Windows icon in the system tray) or look out for (in terms of Windows Updates) to prevent it from being installed on my PC ?



Answer



The simplest way to prevent this is just to not reserve your upgrade. If GetWindowsX doesn't reserve Windows 10, it won't instruct Windows Update that there is an update titled Install Windows 10 . Therefore, if you don't reserve, you won't get the upgrade through Windows Update.


EDIT: If you've reserved your upgrade, You will see We'll let you know when Windows 10 is ready to download from within Windows Update


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...