Tuesday 5 September 2017

Possible to mount a specific directory on Linux server to a local Windows machine?


I have a directory on my server at


/home/dave/www/images/site (ext3)


which I want to mount directly to my Windows computer so that I can transfer data easily via command line tool. Is that something possible?



Answer



If the server is local, you may want to look into creating Samba shares, which will behave exactly like a standard Windows share if configured correctly.


FTP and SCP also come to mind. If this server will be reached across the internet, I would highly recommend SCP.


WinSCP has a great command-line utility, as well as a corresponding graphical version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...