Saturday 23 September 2017

vlc media player - How do I get VLC to play on the second monitor on windows?


How do I get VLC to play on the second monitor on Windows? On Mac OS, there is an option in the video menu "fullscreen video device". Windows doesn't seem to have that option.


There are various options in the DirectX settings that let you select a monitor, but they don't seem to work simply.



Answer



It has the option, it's just kind of tucked away a bit. Under Tools -> Preferences go to the Video section and choose your display device in the DirectX settings:


alt text


You can use \\DISPLAY2 in a multi-monitor configuration. Ensure you are using DirectX instead of Default as the output (in the Display section above).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...