Monday 25 September 2017

command line - Open man-page with less




Possible Duplicate:
How to let man utility to use less to display manual rather than more?



How can i open up the Man-page for a command with the less-editor?


Alternatively, how can i find the man-page on the harddrive


I've tried using the manpath command but that doesn't seem to exist on solaris. Maybe there is a command to search for the manpage somehow?



Answer



The man command uses less by default. See man man (hehe). If yours doesn't, you could simply use a pipe like this.


man myCommand | less

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...