Thursday 28 September 2017

email - Is IMAP (un)subscribe meant to work across mail clients?


I read my IMAP-mail on different computers/mail clients. I wanted to unsubscribe from the majority of my folders in Outlook. Later, I noticed that on another computer, where I use Thunderbird, I was also unsubscribed from those folders as well. This is not what I wanted (at all), so I subscribed again under Thunderbird. The effect was that I also got subscribed again under Outlook.


So I guess this means (un)subscribing to IMAP folders is an account-coupled thing, not a per-client thing. Is there a way to achieve (un)subscribing per client?



Answer



IMAP subscriptions are handled and stored by the IMAP server, so your subscriptions will be the same regardless of which client you use. So I doubt you're going to find a client that can unsubscribe only for itself.


Perhaps check out the SU question What does it mean to "subscribe" to an IMAP folder? for more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...