Saturday 30 September 2017

linux - /dev/fd0 equivalent on windows. (Writing directly to tar floppy)

I am currently using a system I cannot change that writes tar files to a floppy disk.


I need to read/write the same type of disk on a windows machine.


The command used to create the disk in Linux is: "tar -cf /dev/sdb myfile"


Unfortunately, windows does not recognize disks created like this. I get the "disk not formatted" error when I plug in the usb floppy drive. (Expected, as it is not an actual filesystem)


I am trying to use 7zip command line to access the file, by typing "7z.exe -l A:" The floppy light comes on, but no archive is found. Is there a way to allow some software like 7zip to see the actual raw floppy contents? Because it IS a tar file, but has no mountable filesystem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...