Tuesday 26 September 2017

networking - Why does my modem takes many attempts to connect to internet

I have this old DSL 502T Dlink modem router(wired). I have been using this for many years without any issues.


Recently though, there is issue connecting to the Internet (WAN side). It takes many attempts (restarts of modem) to connect to the internet for the first time, that is when my PC and Modem are started. It takes minimum 3-4 restarts of modem to get an internet connection working. Otherwise, the WAN connection remains disconnected, although the internal LAN works.


I have tried starting Modem first before PC, and also PC first before modem but this does not resolve the issues. Also, once the WAN(Internet) connection is obtained, it remains stable throughout the day without any issues.


Please help me resolve this issue. Here is how the system is configured.


2 Personal Computers connecting to a Switch (or Hub) Switch connected to Modem, which is connected to Internet Service Provider through a Telephone Line (ADSL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...