Saturday 23 September 2017

Windows keyboard macro playback software?


Many years ago, I had a product called Quickeys for the Macintosh that allowed me to record keyboard and mouse events and create a macro that could be assigned to a keyboard accelerator.


This was a really useful tool, but I haven't seen anything like it ever on Microsoft Windows OS platform.


Does such a product exist?



Answer



I'd recommend AutoHotKey http://www.autohotkey.com/


"Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder."


I've used this and related tool AutoITv3 -- both great tools -- but I have not yet recorded a macro based on keystrokes. YMMV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...