Sunday 24 September 2017

distributed computing - Is it possible to "farm" out graphics processing to a comparatively more powerful machine?

I have a computer with comparatively weak graphics, and one with comparatively strong graphics. I would like to run a graphics-intensive application on the weaker machine, using the graphics power of the stronger one. Excluding from-scratch development of a solution, is there a good way to do this? If not, is there a non-good-but-also-not-so-sensible way? What kind of bandwidth would be required (estimated) between the two machines to enable such functionality?


Edit: clarification per Wil's request -- this would primarily be a gaming scenario. In real-world terms: I want to play a game on my laptop that's normally taxing on the laptop's graphics resources, using the graphics resources of the desktop machine on the other side of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...